Agent: Conrad Williams
Biography: Since his first play was shown on BBC 2 in 1990, Gregory Evans has had over forty television drama scripts produced. He's also written more than thirty-five radio dramas: original plays, as well as dramatisations: singles, series and serials based on work by (among others) Stephen King, Edgar Allan Poe, Graham Greene, Thomas Hardy, John Cheever, Martin Amis and H. E. Bates. His dramatization of Greene's THE QUIET AMERICAN was shortlisted for a Sony Award. He adapted FAIR STOOD THE WIND FOR FRANCE for the Royal Theatre, Northampton.
He's written a bestselling children's book; song lyrics (including some for a CD by the great American soprano Roberta Alexander); plus feature articles, reviews and short stories for The Observer, Harper's & Queen, Woman's Journal and various little magazines.
Gregory is a career-long member of the Writers' Guild of Great Britain, and has served on its Executive Council; a member of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts; and an advisor for the MFA Creative Writing course at Lesley University in Boston, Mass.
He has recently finished a spec television pilot set in the world of early 1960s pop music (Lucille); and a stage play (Billy & Tony). He's currently plotting and writing an original multi-part drama for BBC Radio 4 titled Blood and Milk, to be transmitted in Summer 2016.
- CASUALTY / BBC (2013) 1 episode in the series.
- THE RADETZKY MARCH (2013. Classic Serial based on the novel by Joseph Roth; BBC Radio 4)
- ART & GADG (2012. A radio play about Arthur Miller and Elia Kazan for BBC Radio 4, transmitted on 15th January 2013)
- THE BILL (27 episodes, Thames for ITV. 1992-2010)
- CASUALTY (13 episodes, BBC. 2002-2007)
- BUGS (2 episodes, Carnival Films/BBC)
- MURDER IN MIND (1 episode ("Stalker"), BBC)
- SEVEN WONDERS OF THE INDUSTRIAL WORLD (1 episode ("The Sewer King") of docu-drama for BBC History)
- DEBUT ON TWO (1 episode ("The Window of Vulnerability", BBC 2, 1990)
More than 35 dramas for BBC Radio 4, including:
- SHIRLEYMANDER (60' Friday Play)
- GHOSTING (original 30' drama)
- THE POLISH SOLDIER (original 45' drama)
- THE GOLD BUG (60' drama, freely adapted from Poe's short story)
- SECRET WINDOW, SECRET GARDEN (3 x 30' serial based on the Stephen King's novella)
- PET SEMATARY (6 x 30' serial based on Stephen King's novel)
- THE RAGGED TROUSERED PHILANTHROPISTS (6 x 60' Classic Serial)
- WIDOWS (90' dramatisation of novel by Ariel Dorfman)
- THE QUIET AMERICAN (3 x 60' serial based on Graham Greene's novel; short-listed for a Sony Award)
Feature film (in development):
- JULES VERNE (screenplay for an action adventure movie concerning the fictitious adventures of the great French novelist; for Amber Entertainment)