Agent: Julian Friedmann
Biography: After graduating with a prize-winning First in English from Liverpool University and an MPhil in Renaissance Drama from King's College, Cambridge, Paul directed new writing in the theatre and began his ongoing work in script and writer development across theatre, radio, film and television.
Paul is currently the Senior Film Executive at Creative England, leading one of the two new BFI NET.WORK Talent Centres (Sheffield).
Previously, he was the full-time Development Producer for BBC Writersroom, nurturing writers across BBC drama and comedy.
- COASTING (Feature film in development: Gangway Films/Spice Factory)
- HARD HAT (2006. Short film of 10mins. Gangway Films. Director: Jonathan Martin. Script development supported by Yorkshire Arts)
- STUCK IN THE MIDDLE (2004. Stage play. Devised/performed by Year 10-12 students at British Forces HQ, Rheindahlen, Germany)
- CUED UP (2003. Stage play. Half Moon Theatre & national tour. Director: Chris Elwell. Supported by the PRS music foundation; original music produced by 'Lost' DJ/Producer Steve Bicknell. Half Moon Theatre Writer-in-Residence 2000-02)
- RISKY BUSINESS (2002. Short film of 20 mins. Little Fish Films. Director: Donna Turner)
- COASTING (1998. Stage play. One of the winning plays showcased in the International Playwriting Festival, Warehouse Theatre, Croydon. Previously developed through Soho Theatre Workshops)
Script and writer development:
- BBC Films & Film Network (2009. Development Producer on four original films from emerging writing/directing talent)
- Film London (2007. Eran Creevy's Shifty for the Microwave low-budget features scheme)
- BBC Writersroom (2000-05. Drama Serials and Factual Drama. Script reader)
- Spice Factory Films (2003-05. Script Reader)
- Theatre & Beyond Literary Associate (2004-05. Produced 'Playwright Slam' at the Chichester Festival 2004)
- New Writing South (2002-05. Script reader and tutor)
- Film Council/Lighthouse Media (2004. Script reader)
- Arts Council of England Script Reader (1998-2003. Theatre Writing Committee. John Whiting Award. Meyer-Whitworth Award
- FilmFour Script Reader (1999. 'Jump Cuts')
- Various workshops, lectures and panels on scriptwriting, including: Cheltenham Screenwriter's Festival, University of East Anglia, London College of Communication, Leicester De Montfort University, London Film School, Central School of Speech and Drama, Bath Spa University, City University, Middlesex University, Drama Centre, Screen South, Royal Court Theatre, Old Vic Theatre, Talawa Theatre, Soho Theatre, Black Filmmakers Festival, Momentum Festival, South West Scriptwriters, New Writing South, National Student Drama Festival (2003-present)
- University of Sussex Associate Tutor: Scriptwriting for Film & Television; Writing for Radio; MA Dramatic Writing External Examiner (2003-05)
- National Academy of Writing Tutor: Pilot Residential Course (2003)