Agent: Conrad Williams
Biography: Feature film and TV scriptwriter with a predilection for thrillers.
Simon Lubert studied film and drama, directing a number of plays at the Edinburgh Festival. Having spent two years helping set up a theatre company, he embarked on a career as a writer. Whilst living in Los Angeles, he was commissioned to write the pilot for a sit-com MAID IN LA. Over that period, he had several film projects optioned and completed a credited rewrite on the film CHIMNEY PEOPLE, before he returned to London. In 2002 his screenplay SILENT CRY was filmed with Emily Woof and Douglas Henshall in the leads and, after its cinema release throughout Europe, it premiered on C5 in 2005. He followed this up in 2003 by adapting into English the Spanish film ROMASANTA which starred Julian Sands and Elsa Pataki, and he completed a commissioned rewrite for the US of the project MONKEY FARM. His co-written screenplay HERCULINE was recently in development with John Duigan attached as director. He is currently writing for the BBC Television medical drama DOCTORS.
- DOCTORS (BBC TV Series 7 episodes)
- SILENT CRY (Little Wing. Director: Julian Richards. Starring Emily Woof, Douglas Henshall, Clive Russell, Kevin Whately, Frank Finlay and Craig Kelly. European theatrical release. UK TV Premier: March 2005, C5)
- ROMASANTA - THE WEREWOLF HUNT (Castelao Productions / Future Films Limited. Adapted English screenplay. Director: Paco Plaza. Starring Julian Sands)
- HERCULINE (Optioned screenplay. Lighthouse Production. John Duigan attached as director)
- MONKEY FARM (Commissioned rewrite for Jonathan Zimbert in Los Angeles)
- MAID IN LA (Pilot episode for an LA-based situation comedy. Kazmark Group in Los Angeles)
- CUSTODY (Optioned screenplay. Greenfield Film Development. Jonathan English as producer)
- CHIMNEY PEOPLE (Credited polish. Odessa Pictures in Los Angeles)