Agent: Conrad Williams
Biography: Versatile feature film scriptwriter whose original work spans from broad comedies about, for example, George Frideric Handel and James McNeill Whistler, to high concept courtroom dramas, ghost stories and a romantic comedy with edge.
Born in London, he now divides his time between Ireland and Los Angeles.
A 1975 graduate in sculpture from Chelsea School of Art with a B.A. in Fine Arts, he exhibited in various group and one man shows in London and was the winner of a British Arts Council open competition '76, resulting in the publication of his limited edition art book, "FIVE DAYS IN THE WEST COUNTRY.
Increasingly interested in the making of musical instruments, he set up shop in 1979 in Ireland. In 1986 his instruments were chosen as part of a prestigious Craft's Council exhibition in London of contemporary instrument makers, and joined the Council's elite list of craftsmen. His clients include, Frankie Gavin of De Danann, Liam O'Flynn of Planxty, and Matt Molloy and Paddy Moloney of The Chieftains. Numerous recordings have been made featuring his instruments.
Always a prolific writer, his passion for film led him to write screenplays and over the last eight years he has produced more than thirty-five original feature film scripts as well as scripts for television and stage. Currently several of these original films are in various stages of completion, pre-production or development.
- THE BOYS FROM COUNTY CLARE (Originally titled THE GREAT CEILI WAR, an original comedic drama set in Ireland of 1970, premiered at the Toronto Film Festival 2003. It was also chosen as the closing film at the Palm Springs Festival, and the opening film at the Kalovay Vary International Czech Film festival 2004 where it narrowly missed winning the audience award by 3 votes. Worldwide release March 11th '05. Produced by Evzen Kolar. Directed by John Irvin. First Look Media-Studio Hamburg)
- PANNING FOR GOLD (Romantic comedy feature film)
- HALLELUJAH aka MESSIAH (A farce / romantic comedy feature film script about the premiere performance of Handel's 'Messiah': Optioned to Sprout Productions, Stephen Fry to direct)
- THE GOOD MAN OF NANKING (An original screenplay based on the diaries of John Rabe, for German producers Hofmann & Voges, Munich, with Armin Mueller-Stahl as possible lead of an international cast)
- WAVING NOT DROWNING (An original comedic drama. Jonathan Kaplan attached to direct, producer: Evzen Kolar)