We receive many requests for permission to quote from our authors' work, and it would greatly speed things up if you could send all the following information to email@example.com.
Books Assistant Hattie Grunewald manages short story permissions.
The relevant agent (or their assistant) will respond to your request.
- Details about the publication you intend to include the work in: who is the publisher, what is the title, and if it's an anthology, who else has agreed to be part of it?
- Exact extract with page and line references (and the edition you are referring to), author name and title of the book you are planning to take an extract from.
- When do you plan to publish the text?
- In which territory to you propose to publish the text?
- What is your proposed print run?
- Who will be able to buy the publication? I.e.: is it for educational purposes, charitable, an anthology for an event…?
- What is your proposed fee?
- Do you plan to have an audio and/or electronic version of the final publication? If so, please provide details of this.