Blake Friedmann is looking for a new assistant/associate agent to work with Conrad Williams and Julian Friedmann in the agency’s media department. Conrad and Julian represent scriptwriters, directors, and playwrights, and sell film/TV rights in fiction and non-fiction books.
We’re looking for someone - ideally - with experience as a film/TV agent’s assistant. The assistant aspect of the work is important and will have to be done pro-actively and with team-playing zeal, but we might also consider someone with early associate agent track and a few clients. Alternatively, we would be keen to hear from anybody in the film/TV development world who has decided he/she wants to be a scriptwriter’s agent. Below are some features of the job.
- Liaising with writer and director clients
- Contractual admin (some experience of dealing with film/TV/theatre contracts is desirable)
- Small amount of audio typing
- Updating the agency website and social media pages
- Reading and reporting on agency scripts and books, pitching projects at meetings, submitting projects to producers.
- Dealing with unsolicited material, liaising with interns.
- Research projects
- Data entry (proficiency with Microsoft Office essential and experience of Bradbury Phillips Agency Manager desirable)
- Diary management
Agenting involves an unusual mixture of skills and talents and the person we are seeking will be passionate about working for writers, editorially astute, thorough at admin, meticulous with contracts (if at that stage), keen to master the arts of negotiation and deal structuring, an eloquent presenter of clients and their work, a good salesman, a team player, a self-starter, and someone who fits well into an office where we work hard but enjoy ourselves a lot. He or she would need to be a voracious reader (of books as well as scripts) as book into film/TV is a big part of what we do
Applicants should email email@example.com with a covering letter and CV by Friday 27th January. We’d be looking to appoint somebody as soon as possible. Salary on application and depending on experience.