Blake Friedmann is looking to hire an assistant to work with Isobel Dixon and Kate Burke in the agency’s book department.
Duties will include:
· Reading and providing editorial feedback on submissions and manuscripts
· Managing the company’s social media and maintaining the website
· Keeping files up to date including client material, Bradbury Phillips database, and other company documents
· Liaising with authors
· Processing royalty statements and contracts
· Scheduling meetings and managing agent and author schedules
· Receptionist duties including handling the post, answering phones and other admin
We are looking for keen readers with an eye for detail, and a real passion for the book trade and a career in a literary agency. Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn are essential, as well as strong organisational skills and a good team ethic.
Candidates should apply with a CV (educational qualifications not essential) and a 500 word personal statement about why you want this job, to email@example.com by midnight on Wednesday 3rd April.