In support of the 'Books Are My Bag' campaign for bookshops, Liz Fenwick with her friend and fellow author Brigid Coady visited fifteen bookshops in a day on a mammoth bookshop crawl on Saturday 14 September. They took photographs with booksellers and the special edition bags (shown below). The overall stats for the day included:
- 9.5 hours
- 15 bookshops (including Nomad, Belgravia Books, Village Books Dulwich, Bookseller Crow, Hatchards, Blackwells, Waterstones, Daunts and Foyles)
- 7 books bought
- 6 buses, 4 Tubes, 2 trains, 1 cab
- 1 stop at Pizza Express Dulwich Village
- 1 bottle of Cava (to celebrate the finish at Waterstones High Street Kensington)
- 2 glasses of Prosecco (Village Books and an impromptu book signing)
'Books Are My Bag' is a nationwide campaign to celebrate bookshops. This collaboration between publishers, bookshops and authors is the biggest ever promotion of bookshops. It called on book lovers to show their support for bookshops by visiting and buying a book on Saturday 14th September, and then proudly displaying the campaign's bags.
Both Liz Fenwick's novels are by Orion, who have already commissioned her next two books.